Makes 6 nests
1 small butternut squash
7 medium eggs
Small handful of fresh coriander, chopped
Fresh chilli/chilli flakes
You will need: a 6 -hole muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 180C and lightly grease the muffin pan.
- Grate or spiralize the butternut squash, place in some paper towel and squeeze to remove any excess moisture.
- Drain the Kimchi if necessary (but don’t throw away the juice!) and finely chop.
- Whisk 1 egg in a large bowl before adding the squash and Kimchi and season with black pepper (you get the saltiness from the Kimchi). Mix again to combine.
- Distribute the mixture evenly between the muffin cups. Use your fingers or a spoon to press the mixture against the sides of the muffin cup, creating a well in the middle.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges have browned.
- Remove and crack an egg into each well before returning to the oven and cook for a further 8-10 minutes, or until the egg is as you like it.
- Remove from the oven once cooked and allow to cool slightly before spooning out of the tray. Sprinkle with some chopped coriander, chilli flakes and serve with some sliced avocado and some extra Kimchi.