250g dried chickpeas
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
150g Winter Squash Kimchi
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in double the amount of water to chickpeas.
- The next day, drain the chickpeas and boil in fresh water, along with the bicarb, for approx. 40minutes, or until soft and almost mushy. Skim scum throughout.
- Drain the chickpeas through a colander, but save about 1 mug of the cooking liquor.
- Blitz the chickpeas, tahini, kimchi and salt in a food processor until smooth.
- Whilst the food processor is still on, drizzle in the cooking liquor until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Store in the fridge an airtight container for up to 5 days.