*Green pancake recipe from the Green Kitchen at Home book
75g Rice Flour
3 free range eggs
150ml plant based milk
Large handful of spinach
A selection of spring/summer vegetables; I used asparagus, courgette and red onion
Optional: micro herbs
- Preheat your oven to 160C
- To make the pancakes, place all ingredients in a blender or a glass jug (if using a stick blender) and blend until smooth. Set aside to rest for 2 hours.
- Peel and chop the onion into 8 wedges. Place in an oven proof dish, toss in olive oil and sea salt before roasting for 40 minutes, until soft and caramalised. Remove and set aside.
- Just before you’re ready to cook the pancakes, turn the grill on to high. Slice the courgette diagonally place into an oven proof dish along with the asparagus. Toss in a glug of olive oil and sea salt. Grill until lightly charred.
- Finely chop the sauerkraut and stir into the hummus. If you’re making your own hummus, follow this recipe.
- Slice the avocado flesh.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Stir the pancake better before pouring in a thin layer to the hot pan. Flip when the top has set. Repeat until all batter has been used.
- To construct: spread the pancake with the sauerkraut hummus, top with the charred vegetables, avocado and micro herbs. Roll and eat!