Gut health is a topic that's becoming hard to ignore, but do you know what it's all about and how you can take care of yours? Join me for a half day workshop and learn just that, in the most delicious way possible… through food!
Fermentation Fundamentals is a hands-on workshop where you'll learn to make your own sauerkraut, kimchi and a range of traditionally pickled (lacto-fermented) vegetables, using various herbs and spices to create a bespoke flavour profile.
Tickets £59 - £65
- An overview of fermented foods and their history.
- A discussion on gut health: how to achieve a healthy gut and how a healthy gut supports a healthy body.
- Sample a range of fermented vegetables.
- Jar sterilisation techniques.
- Hands on: create your own vegetable ferments.
- Learn how to care for your fermented vegetables.
- Learn how to include fermented foods into your daily diet.
- Q & A
- A lunch which you will help to prepare.
- Take home what you've made: 3 jars of delicious, gut loving fermented vegetables and a booklet including three gut-loving recipes.
The Forge is a unique & beautiful space in the centre of Bristol, built with creativity at heart. Founded in 2015 by musician Si John & designer Silkie Lloyd, the space provides shared workspace for creative professionals, holds workshops & classes & is a venue for bespoke events & gatherings