Gut health is a topic that's becoming hard to ignore, but do you know what it's all about and how you can take care of yours? Join Alana to learn just that, in the most delicious way possible… through food!
Fermentation Fundamentals is a hands-on workshop where you'll learn to make your own sauerkraut, traditionally pickled (lacto-fermented) vegetables, and flavour your own water kefir.
THE WORKSHOP INCLUDES
- Welcome kefir
- An overview of fermented foods and their history.
- A discussion on gut health: how to achieve a healthy gut and how a healthy gut supports a healthy body.
- Sample LAB’s Autumn range of ferments.
- Hands on: create your own vegetable ferments (Sauerkraut & Pickles).
- Hands on: flavour your own water kefir.
- How to care for your fermented vegetables.
- How to include fermented foods into your daily diet.
- Q & A
- Gut healthy lunch.
- Take home what you've made: 2 jars of delicious, gut loving fermented vegetables and one bottle of flavoured water kefir.
- A take-home booklet including three gut-loving recipes.
ABOUT THE FORGE
The Forge is a unique & beautiful space in the centre of Bristol, built with creativity at heart. Founded in 2015 by musician Si John & designer Silkie Lloyd, the space provides shared workspace for creative professionals, holds workshops & classes & is a venue for bespoke events & gatherings.