Join Alana for an evening learning about the history fermentation, alongside the health benefits associated with eating fermented foods. Alana will demo fermentation techniques and talk you through the process of making your own jarred goodies. You will get to flavour your own water kefir using a variety of fruits, herbs and spices and finish the evening with a light supper including fermented food and drinks around our long table.
- Welcome kefir cocktail
- An overview of fermented foods and their history.
- A discussion about how fermented foods support good gut health.
- How to achieve a healthy gut and how a healthy gut supports a healthy body.
- Learn how to include fermented foods into your daily diet.
- Fermented food focused recipe: demo.
- How to: sauerkraut demo
- Sample a range of fermented food and drink.
- Gut healthy light supper.
- A take-home booklet including three gut-loving recipes.
ABOUT THE FORGE
The Forge is a unique & beautiful space in the centre of Bristol, built with creativity at heart. Founded in 2015 by musician Si John & designer Silkie Lloyd, the space provides shared workspace for creative professionals, holds workshops & classes & is a venue for bespoke events & gatherings.